Is Secular Music In The Church Okay?

 
Reader, nowadays you can find a preacher/pastor/teacher that will support and accept just about anything if the price is right. What's your opinion on this?  There's online chatter about whether or not it's ok for secular music to be played in the church. Monday night on the Mann's reality show David Jr. Mann, Tamela and David Mann son got in a little hot water for playing secular music in the church.

I am gonna get on my soap box for a moment about the church. Disclaimer, this is my opinion. You can choose to agree or not. Ok, here it goes...




Actually, I am surprised at the response given to this young man by this pastor. People, we can cuddle up to the edge of the ways of sinners and NEVER feel that we are doing harm to anyone UNTIL we stand accountable before Holy, Uncompromising God! Then what????  
 We as the "Body of Christ " have got to be just a little more careful of the lines and boundaries that are being pushed aside or too far back, because if we don't we will definitely start looking and sounding like the world and there is STILL SUPPOSED to be a difference regardless of who might be coming in. I totally enjoy the music of many styles, but the House of God is to be REVERENCED! 
We can say all day long "Times have changed". We can say all day how "So much is going on in the church"...as an excuse to justify sin and sinful behavior. But God said in His Word "I am the Lord thy God and I CHANGE NOT". The Bible also says "Search for the old path, which is a good way..and when you find it, walk therein" Obviously folks done gotten off path!!! Holiness is and will always be right and God yet has a people that are HOLY!!

https://tvone.tv/video/david-jr-gets-booed-for-playing-secular-music-in-the-church/

Comments

  1. Quick disclaimer: This comment has no biblical text it is strictly my opinion.

    Considering you are IN A CHURCH, everything including music should be focused on giving Him the honor.

    HOWEVER, There are some songs that aren't considered gospel but they do speak of faith and God. (EX: Frank Sinatra's "dream The impossible dream", Michael Jackson, "Man in the mirror" or R. Kelly's "I believe I can fly" are a few)

    But if your just playing "Who let the Dogs out " to get people on their feet in church, we may need to have a conversation about WHY we are attending church, and who are we giving honor.

    FYI:
    I have no problem with Christians listening to secular music outside of the church walls. I don't believe listening to CERTAIN types of music and/or artist (Mozart, jazz & some R &B) will damage or condemn your soul.

    So back to my music.
    🎶 WHO LET THE DOGS OUT!!!🎶

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand that in church music should worship Christ but at the same times there are songs that may not be worship songs but are inspirational songs. So it is hard for me to have an opinion on this one without knowing the song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the opinion of the reverence for the things of God that are Holy. I do not agree for reverence for the church. Let me explain what I mean. Many people worship their multi-million dollar building and faithful to come to church every Sunday; then when praise and worship come forth they sit down. They do not stand in reverence to God. Church is not where you go but what you do. I am full of the Church, because I decided long ago to lay it all down for this path. The word says, "Be ye Holy for I am Holy." Living holy and consecrated is a lifestyle. Many people in church do not have a clear understanding of that single premise; including many apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers. The world is already in the church which is why many young people have no respect for so called church folks. They just saw deacon Bill flirting with deaconess Wilma, both married and carrying on. I think a better question would be how do we bring integrity back to the church? The bar needs to be reset. Much of what is going on now is just a HOT MESS. Please, that's a generalization. There are many churches holding the line and won't give in to worldliness. I salute them. The Holy Spirit has come in like a flood and lifted up a standard. I know we are going to see a massive change before this year 2017 is over. God has said enough is enuf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YOU CONTAGIOUS FIRE SO TRUE. IT'S HOLINESS OR HELL. SO MUCH FOOLISHNESS AND CONFUSION IN THE CHURCH. FOLKS LIVING RATCHET LIVES MONDAY THRU SATURDAY. THEN ON SUNDAY MORNING TRYING TO BE SO HOLY. AND THE STREET MINISTRY KNOWS EVERYTHING ABOUT WHAT'S REALLY GOING ON INSIDE AND OUTSIDE OF THE CHURCH. AND THAT'S WHY THEY DON'T HAVE ANY RESPECT FOR THE AINTS BUT DO FOR THE REAL SAINTS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss Ann,

    I recently watched a clip of a lady in a church in Boston singing Bob Marley's song with the words:
    Is this love,
    Is this love,
    Is this love,
    Is this love that I'm feeling?

    She was doing ad libs talking
    about how single women should wait on Jesus for their husbands. For when he delivers, they will be asking the question above. Because Jesus did it for her and left her with the same question above.

    Young women were shouting and singing along with hands raised high.

    I can't blame them. I blame the pastors who oversee this flock of blind sheep. They are no longer about righteousness. It's about "reaching out to the next generation". The next generation needs to see and know the difference between secular music that speaks to the flesh and gospel music that speaks to the spirit.

    Young people need truth (John 17:17). They don't need to be misled by thinking if I have been living like this in the world, and the church is living the same way then I am cool.

    Much as Jesus sat and broke bread with the sinners he NEVER made them comfortable in their sin. There was always your sins are forgiven or sin no more.

    Did the young Mann (pun intended) speak to the next generation to live righteously or did he just display to them that as it is in the world so it is in the church?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Twitter Drags Racist Gospel Singer Vicki Yohe After Pro-Trump/Anti-Women's March Statement!

Minister Louis Farrakhan Has Come Out The Closet As A Christian, I Know That My Redeemer Liveth My Jesus is Alive.

The Vicki Yohe Aplogy: I Must Be Reading A Whole Different Apology From Everyone Else!!!

Why Are Professing Christians Defending and Co-signing Snoop Dogg Gospel Project??

I am Done With Vicki Yohe And Shame On Her For Blasting The WORD NETWORK Over Minister Louis Farrakhan.

Prophet Brian Carn, Dr. Earl Carter, Bishop Ronzel Pretlow, Response To Apostle Matthew Stevenson's Commentary!

Stop It, Pastor Steven Furtick Did Not Sign A 6-Year, $110 Million Contract To Preach At Lakewood Church!

Ex Pastor LEAVES THE CHURCH And Says The Bible Isn't Real???