Reader I found the following post on my timeline yesterday, read it and tell me what you think about the job qualification? A prominent church in East Point, Ga is in search of a permanent organist/keyboardist with choir director skills. Pay is quite substantial and possibly negotiable. Before inquiring, PLEASE THOROUGHLY read some of the job qualifications.
1. You MUST be a Christian with high spiritual standards.Thoughts??
2. You must have experience in contemporary gospel/modern church music as well as play in ALL KEYS FLUENTLY....examples: (Richard Smallwood , Bishop TD Jakes, Donald Lawrence, Kurt Carr, Kirk Franklin, COGIC style, Fred Hammond, Israel Houghton, Judith McAllister, Ricky Dillard, Hezekiah Walker, etc).
3. You must be able to direct and teach parts to a choir. Be familiar with modern praise and worship.
4. You MUST BE ABLE READ MUSIC or be HIGHLY skilled in sight-reading (classical, jazz, etc). This is a MUST!
5. We desire for a candidate to have some skill and experience in today's music industry (recording in studio and/or live recording) and be able to guide the band as the lead musician. Please have a PROFESSIONAL resume and video of you playing/directing.