Thank You: Dr. E.Dewey Smith 10 Tips For Christians Who Supported Donald Trump.
Reader I said to myself that I would no longer post on this election.....hopeful this is the last on.....but I could not go on without posting this explanation....to my brothers and sisters in Christ this is exactly what we of another race outside of Caucasian feel.....Not only another race, but just simply those of us that want to provide for families, protect our families, and invest our communities with the gifts that only God has blessed us with. Trump, has repeatedly stood on a podium and told us that We don't matter.....Dr.E.Dewey Smith have decided to give his 10 tips for Christians who supported Donald Trump.
Well congratulations are in order! The candidate of your choice won an amazing victory! Your ideologies and values were obviously embodied in Mr. Trump. While the political process worked in your favor, there are many who not only have major issues with your choice but also grave fears about what his election represents to them. If you are interested in ensuring that your celebration is not viewed through the lenses of total humiliation by millions and that prodigious questions about your faith and character aren't forever raised, please consider the following:
1) Your candidate's election is widely celebrated by the most historically vile and violent bigots and white supremacists groups ever! Does that fact bother you in any way? Does it make you wonder about your vote? If you are a white Christian, does it bother you that many of your African-American, Jewish and Hispanic brothers and sisters are totally horrified by your candidate's election? How does it feel knowing that you and David Duke of the KKK prayed for and campaigned for the SAME candidate!?
2) What does "Make America Great Again" mean to you? What time period do you want to repeat? Since no past living President supported your candidate, does that mean you are longing to repeat the days prior to President Jimmie Carter in 1976? Since President Nixon preceded Carter and resigned during his 2nd term, does "great again" take you back to President Lyndon B. Johnson or President John F. Kennedy? Those can't be the times either because neither of them shared your candidate's ideals. So are you nostalgic about the 1950s? Do the 1940s represent America's greatness for you? If so, why? When was America great for you and who made it bad?
3) Does Mr. Trump really represent the values of your faith? What is it about his faith and life that causes you as a Christian to be "proud" today?
4) Your candidate was most disrespectful and non-supportive of President Obama, even questioning his birthplace for years. Do you expect people to support him like you do, even if he totally hurled insults to another leader? If you didn't say "Support and pray for President Obama because he's our President,"will you now say "support President Trump because he is our President?" If so, why?
5) Do you support Mr. Trump because of his Christian family values? Did you have issues with President Obama because he hurt "family values"? Do you feel that Marriage Equality dishonors family? What about a thrice-married President? 6) How do you feel about his disrespect of so many different groups during his campaign? Do you agree with that? To loudly celebrate his victory but have total silence about his enumerable gaffs says what about you?
7) What did you say about his video bragging about assaulting women? Silence? If you can voice your happiness about his election, what did you say about his disrespect? To say you are a Christian and you see and say nothing about his disrespect makes some feel you are suspect.
8) Other than his stance on Abortion and the Marriage Equality Act, what else about Mr. Trump excites you?
9) Are you really for building a wall to prohibit Mexicans from entering this country?
10) Do you HONESTLY believe that Donald Trump will advance God's Kingdom? Please consider these questions in love and objectivity! It's hard for some fellow believers to take you seriously because you have supported someone who has shown very little regard for their personhood. If you care nothing about freedom, opportunity, liberty and justice for some groups, are we really brothers and sisters? Do we really share the same faith? Regardless of what's happening, GOD IS STILL ON THE THRONE!! May LOVE be our ethic and guide our politics!!