According To Some The Great Falling Away Have Begun: Brian Houston Megachurch Pastor Signals Shift In Tone On Gay Marriage!


The pastor of one of the most influential global mega churches has declared that his church is in “an ongoing conversation” about same-sex marriage — saying that it is appropriate to consider the words of the Bible alongside the changing culture and the experience of people in the pews. The comments by Brian Houston, the senior pastor of Hillsong, immediately attracted concern from the right and applause from the left, coming as many Christian denominations and congregations are struggling with how to respond to rapid expansion of gay rights and legalization of same-sex marriage.


Some are saying: 
This is sad, but starting to become so typical. There is a day approaching very quickly where churches will be forced to take a stand and position, for one side or the other, and it will NOT be YOUR CHOICE to make. Churches will be approached by same-sex couples wanting to have marriages performed and wanting to be affirmed in their current relationships, and you will have to say YES or NO. Why do I say this will not be your choice? Because if you say NO, your precious 501(c)3 will be immediately revoked since you are covered by the government, you will lose your inherited tax status as a church, and individual pastors can be fined since you will be viewed as operating as a business. Also, if you are incorporated, you can be fined by the FTC since all business activity in the US is regulated by that entity.
What's your thoughts,do you agree?

Update: Brian Houston of Hillsong Church clarifies stance on homosexuality 

Comments

  1. Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.



    Statement from Brian Houston - Senior Pastor, Hillsong Church

    Re: recent media comments on homosexuality

    I encourage people not to assume a media headline accurately represents what I said at a recent press conference.

    Nowhere in my answer did I diminish biblical truth or suggest that I or Hillsong Church supported gay marriage. I challenge people to read what I actually said, rather than what was reported that I said. My personal view on the subject of homosexuality would line up with most traditionally held Christian views. I believe the writings of Paul are clear on this subject.

    I was asked a question on how the church can stay relevant in the context of gay marriage being legal in the two states of the USA where we have campuses. My answer was simply an admission of reality – no more and no less. I explained that this struggle for relevance was vexing as we did not want to become ostracized by a world that needs Christ.

    I made the point that public statements condemning people will place a barrier between the church and the world (and I note that Jesus came to save and not to condemn), which is why at Hillsong, we don’t want to reduce the real issues in people’s lives to a sound bite.

    This – like many other issues, is a conversation the church needs to have and we are all on a journey as we grapple with the question of merging biblical truth with a changing world.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Twitter Drags Racist Gospel Singer Vicki Yohe After Pro-Trump/Anti-Women's March Statement!

Good News: Black Members At Paula White Church Are Leaving Because They Disagree With Her Being A Spiritual Advisor To Trump!!

Minister Louis Farrakhan Has Come Out The Closet As A Christian, I Know That My Redeemer Liveth My Jesus is Alive.

The Vicki Yohe Aplogy: I Must Be Reading A Whole Different Apology From Everyone Else!!!

Why Are Professing Christians Defending and Co-signing Snoop Dogg Gospel Project??

I am Done With Vicki Yohe And Shame On Her For Blasting The WORD NETWORK Over Minister Louis Farrakhan.

Prophet Brian Carn, Dr. Earl Carter, Bishop Ronzel Pretlow, Response To Apostle Matthew Stevenson's Commentary!