Get Out Of Here: Pastor Guarantees A Full Refund Of Tithes If God Does Not Keep His Promise???
How in the world, can we with our limited thinking ever think that God is unable to keep his promise? I know that, we are all accustomed to promises in one form or another. We are also accustomed to seeing promising made and then broken. Anyone who has lived for a number of years as I have, would certainly never lay claim to having kept every promise made. There are many reasons why this is true. Sometimes we forget, sometimes we are negligent, and sometimes it may be due to circumstances beyond our control. But to challenge God on His promises is something totally different.
Anyhow, according to the internet, Fellowship Church in Grapevine, Texas, led by Pastor Ed Young, has launched a 90-Day Challenge, encouraging members of the multi-campus Megachurch to put God to the test by "bringing (their) tithes and offerings to the House."
In part, of the sermon series titled “The Tipping Point." Pastor Ed attempts to persuade church members to bring their tithes to the storehouse of the Lord, so that he will pour out upon them countless blessings, as stated in Malachi. I listed below some of the promises of God in Scripture. The "GIMMICKS" that's being used by this celebrity pastor is not even mention:
1) God has promised to supply every need we have.People, "GIMMICKS" are guaranteed to take our money, they are not gospel. Our cult of celebrity pastors and churches is out of control. This totally misses the point. God is not a god of transactions. This is not "testing" - this is a mockery and reducing God to a bank. It's basically the prosperity gospel in disguise. SHAME!
2) God has promised that His grace is sufficient for us.
3) God has promised that His children will not be overtaken with temptation.
4) God has promised us victory over death.
5) God has promised that all things work together for good to those who love and serve Him faithfully.
6) God has promised that those who believe in Jesus and are baptized for the forgiveness of sins will be saved.
7) God has promised His people eternal life.