My son is on his way to prison because of parole violations. Now, as a mother it's one of the hardest things that I have had to deal with in this life. And for me it's not easy. I am praying this prayer for my son as well as myself:
- Father, Your Word says that we should minister unto those who are in prison. Therefore, I come before Your throne of grace lifting up Cedric in the name of Jesus Christ, and petitioning You on his behalf.
- Your Word says that You are the Potter (of our souls) and we are the clay. I pray that while Cedric is incarcerated, that as a potter is able to take a once formed clay object and remolding, reshaping and a transformation of his heart and his life.
- Father, as the prodigal son came to himself in the hog's pen and realized that he needed his father, I pray that my son would come to himself while he is in prison, and come to know that he needs You in his life.
- May You send faithful laborers to minister Your Word unto him. I pray that You would soften and open his heart to receive the seed of Your Word and Your Spirit. May You open his heart to receive You intimately as Savior and Lord. And, give him the mind and the strength to live for You, and allow You to live and grow in an through him, even while he is there.
- And Father Your Word says that You are our keeper. While he is in there, I pray that You would keep him under the canopy of Your protection. May You assign strong and mighty angels to watch over him, protect him, and guard him from all hurt, harm and danger. And may You keep him from any and all physical, mental, emotional and sexual abuse.