I am definitely of the old school mixed with R&B and Jazz persuasion and that flavor is what Tonex bring to the table but this is not of Christ. Now I’m with other folks praying for him to truly know the Lord! I am not judging anyone for their past ungodly lifestyle and sins, because I also have one...but Tonéx is showing that he is still hanging on to the old. There is no new Tonéx with this album just a repackaging with the purpose of the goal of “making money” to be accepted by the world’s standard of success.
Many Christians are turning a blind eye to his current lifestyle and accepting nearly everything that Tonéx does as “genius” or even “spiritual.” Spiritual it is, but not godly spirituality. If Tonéx remembers anything about God at all, he would remember these things:
- One does not glory in their sin - 1 Corinthians 5:1-8
- Profanity should not be a part of a Christian’s language - James 1:26, James 3:1-9
- Abstain from sexual immorality - Romans 1:18-32
- Do not love the pursuit of money - 2 Timothy 3:1-5, 1Timothy 6:9
- Do not get caught up loving the things of this world - 1 John 2:15-17
- Show Jesus real love by obeying Him - John 14:15, 21
There’s no doubt God loves Tonéx, but the real question is whether or not Tonéx loves God! Do the songs from his new CD prove his love for the Lord? If his songs do not match his actions, they are mere empty musical pieces.