The tributes to Jackson felt thrown together--montages of Jackson's career were arbitrarily intertwined throughout the telecast while artists shared their memories of Jackson as the show cut to a commercial. Despite the minimal effort, the show was too often void of talent and class.It's amazing to think with as many artists as were present on Sunday's award show, that there weren't more standout moments that could rightfully pay tribute to Michael Jackson. That's certainly an indictment of the modern age of music, but it also showcases the genius of the "King of Pop." Though he is gone--and hasn't made a wildly popular album in almost two decades--his talent still outshines any artist working today.
Monday, June 29, 2009
I should've known better.I could use several words to describe the BET awards show, but i decided to keep it simple The word i have chosen is HORRIBLE. It was totally embarrassing. The artist of today are talentless, unlearned and disrespectful. And we say this our future? God help us....On Sunday night, BET held their annual BET Awards show what a mess of a show. Ever since Michael Jackson's unexpected death last Thursday, the entertainment network had been scrambling to find a way to honor the legendary singer. Producers were quoted as saying the show would be re-tooled to pay proper homage to the "King of Pop."
Monday, June 1, 2009
Remember the nude pics of Rihanna that were floating around the Internet several weeks ago? Well it looks like Vogue didn't want that mess associated with them. Rumors has it Rihanna was offered the opportunity to be a Vogue cover girl by editor-in-chief Anna Wintour. But, once those nude photos supposedly got “leaked,” Wintour pulled the deal... Rumors has it Rihanna was excited about the opportunity to be on the cover of Vogue, which was presented to her by Wintour her self at the Met Costume Institute Gala on May 4th...Well Rihanna here's some advice for you:
- Invest in better relationships and friends.
- When others don't like you they'll try to hurt you.
- If they can't hurt you they won't help you.
- If they're forced to help you, they'll hope you don't succeed.
- When they hope you don't succeed, life's victories are empty.
- So, if you want more out of life, start investing in solid relationships!
- If you love God and people you'll find friends wherever you go...And you'll get further in life too! You want have to worry about friends leaking your private information onto the internet.