In Psalm 118 the Psalmist recalls seven reasons why God is worthy to be trusted:
- "I called upon the Lord in distress: the Lord answered me, and set me in a large place(v 5).
- "The Lord is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?"(v 6).
- "The Lord taketh my part with them that help me: therefore shall I see my desire upon them that hate me"(v 7).
- " I shall not die, but live,and declare the works of the Lord"(v 17 )
- "The Lord hath chastened me sore: but he hath not given me over unto death"(v 18 ).
- "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"(v 24 ).
- "Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever"(v 29 ).