"We who practice the Christian tradition understand [Jesus] as our vehicle to the divine. But for us to assume that God could not act in other ways is, I think, to put God in an awfully small box."
John 10:1, Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
In my youth growing up I still remember how my Sunday School teacher taught the above verse to us: Heaven is God's home. And every home got a door. The Door to God's home got a name. His name is Jesus--and guess what key fits that door? Faith! Without Faith in the door you can't get the key to work in the door...So my question to other Christians would you sit under a teacher who did not believe Christ to be the only way to the Father?
- Some try to live a good life.
- Some open up a prayer book for 5 minutes every week and read what's on the page.
- Some go to an organizational meeting once a week thinking/hoping it commends them to God.
- Some try to help old ladies across the street every chance they get.
- Some try to practice "senseless acts of beauty and random acts of kindness" (that silly slogan people put on bumper stickers).
- Some go along with whatever their parents' taught them. "My mom and dad raised me that way." (that don't mean it's right)
- Some go along with whatever the school system taught them--"A monkey is my uncle? Oh, okay. I believe that. I reject God. Because a monkey is my uncle.