|Trip Lee, Eric Mason and Lecrae.|
Saturday, September 22, 2012
Sunday, May 17, 2009
I like the way Dr. Dyson ask how Rev. Jackson could be so sure that his interpretation of scripture is correct - especially since Rev. Jackson tried to convince Black Christians that they should vote against Obama, and said four years earlier that God had told him to campaign for George W. Bush's reelection.
Sunday, November 4, 2007
Not one of us will be exempt from the testing of our faith in this world. And when stepping out in faith we often experience risks, changes, sometimes tragedy, or face any number of different problems. Abraham understood this, Moses understood this, Job understood it and most definitely Jesus knew this.
5 of Life's Tests:
- Change: Change can be a frightening thing especially if we're used to taking control of our own lives. I'm an analytical person. Organization and direction help me to feel safe and in control. So when there is change in my life it is a test of my faith. Can I really put my trust in God and know that wherever He decides to take me is okay, because He is Lord of my life?
- Letting Go: Letting go seems to be one of the hardest things for many of us. When we as Christians turn our lives over to Christ, we are giving up our old selves and asking Jesus to direct us as Lord. This is an act of our faith. As God works in our lives telling us to give up our sinful nature, this too can be hard. If you've ever dealt with any kind of addiction, you probably know this very well. God calls us to test Him in our giving; this too is a test of our faith, wondering whether or not God will make a way financially.
- Delayed Rewards: While waiting for a job promotion, a new addition to a family or any other exciting life event, discouragement can set in with delay. When in this position you might find yourself questioning God, "When God, when?" While my husband and I were waiting for children we wondered if we'd ever become parents. We began to wonder if that was even what God wanted for us. By faith we didn't give up and finally, in God's timing, we were blessed with our first child. It was such a test of our faith waiting on God, knowing there was very little we really had control of in our situation.
- Problems: What's a test without a few problems to solve right? In circumstances where it looks like there is just no way, our faith becomes tested to determine whether or not we really trust that God is God of even what appears to be the impossible. These problems can range from sickness to financial issues; from relationship concerns to an overwhelming amount of things that are in serious need of being fixed around the home.
- Tragedy: There are those most difficult times when God can take a tragic situation and use it to make us stronger. It's during these times where many of us find ourselves seeking God in humility ready to give up. It seems this is when we can see the Lord work in amazing ways. When we come to the realization that we only have so much control over life's events, it may become easier to reach out for God's help in faith. I found this article and thought it would be good reading. What do you think are you going through a test right now if so how are you doing?
"My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing." (James 2-3; NKJV)