Texas Megachurch Turns Christmas Production Into Circus—Literally


Reader this has nothing in the world to do with Christ. All I can say is why? Christmas is a wonderful opportunity to reach out with the True Gospel of Jesus Christ and what He has done for us the reason why He came to the earth.  A megachurch in Texas recently turned its annual Christmas production in its worship center into a circus—literally, complete with a ringmaster, tricks and trapezes. The Second Baptist Church of Texas, led by Dr. Ed Young, Sr., presented “Christmas Under the Big Top” at its Woodway campus from Friday to Tuesday, with tickets ranging from $10 to $25. The 90-minute drama centered on a storyline to save a financially-struggling circus by putting on a Christmas show.“



In my opinion, ‘Christmas Under the Big Top’ is another example of the Church focusing on entertainment rather than the purposes which our Lord established for His Church,” David Whitney, pastor of Cornerstone Evangelical Free Church in Pasadena, Maryland, told Christian News Network. “When Jesus said, ‘I will build My Church and the gates of Hell will not prevail against it,’ did He have a circus in mind?”


Comments

  1. Miss Ann,

    Christmas is not for those who believe in the LORD Jesus. It is a heathen celebration that was incorporated in the early church by wicked men. The apostles celebrated Pentecost and only for a limited time.

    What we have now is "Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;" Titus 2:13

    "...building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, Keeping yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our LORD Jesus Christ unto eternal life." (Jude 1:20-21) is all we have.

    With that being said, it is no surprise that the day is a circus. It has NOTHING to do with who our God truly is.

    The LORD is my Shepherd, I shall NOT want...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas, Anonymous, now you know a lot of readers that come here daily will not agree with you, you know that right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Ann,

      Yes, the a lot of readers will not agree with me. But the WORD of God is tried, tested (Psalm 12:6-7) and true (John 17:17). And there is no reference from Genesis to Revelation on Merry Christmas being of God. The only reference to it is Jeremiah 10:3-4 and God almighty is against it.

      "For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree... They deck it with silver and with gold..."

      So regardless that it was a day chosen to read all scripture pertaining to the birth of Jesus Christ, it is not the day on which our LORD was born and neither is it a day that our God set aside as holy except the Sabbath.

      "...let God be true, but every man a liar..." Romans 3:4

      The LORD is my Shepherd, I shall NOT want...

      Delete
  3. I agree with him. But also I believe in the whole counsel of God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Ayers,

      I am a lady.

      The LORD is my Shepherd, I shall NOT want...

      Delete
  4. The way some of these churches and their pastors behave, a circus seems almost appropriate and ironic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Believe What Lady A. Say cause I read and study the Biblical perspective of everything that supposed to pertain to our Lord Jesus Christ. I have several folks tell me on occasion's that they come to my church to get a laugh. It's sad. They say girl y'all know that y'all COGIC folks are a bunch of clowns and the Ringling's Brothers Circus got nothing on y'all. So nothing that goes on in our Churches now surprises me. It's about a dollars not SOULS.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Twitter Drags Racist Gospel Singer Vicki Yohe After Pro-Trump/Anti-Women's March Statement!

Good News: Black Members At Paula White Church Are Leaving Because They Disagree With Her Being A Spiritual Advisor To Trump!!

Minister Louis Farrakhan Has Come Out The Closet As A Christian, I Know That My Redeemer Liveth My Jesus is Alive.

The Vicki Yohe Aplogy: I Must Be Reading A Whole Different Apology From Everyone Else!!!

Why Are Professing Christians Defending and Co-signing Snoop Dogg Gospel Project??

I am Done With Vicki Yohe And Shame On Her For Blasting The WORD NETWORK Over Minister Louis Farrakhan.

Prophet Brian Carn, Dr. Earl Carter, Bishop Ronzel Pretlow, Response To Apostle Matthew Stevenson's Commentary!