The Majority Of Funeral Services Are For Unbelievers???

Reader, picture yourself in the coffin. Your body’s final resting place. Soon to be either six-feet under or cremated to ash.....when your friends decide to take your body for the last time to the one place it found most pleasurable in this life.   I found the below story and comment on my timeline. It's obvious some believers and some non-believers think that this was not appropriate for a "funeral" yet who's to say how one should be buried.

Yesterday was legendary Atlanta rapper Shawty Lo’s wake – and it was an open casket. Family and friends were invited to come and view the body. Some decided to take SELFIES next to Shawty’s body and post the pics to social media. After the wake, Shawty’s friends drove his body to the strip club.

"Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt" (Daniel 12:2).
 My thoughts: Funeral services have a natural atmosphere which gets people’s minds on the topic at hand.The Bible says that there is value in suffering and sorrow and we learn more from difficult times than happy times. If we view death with the eyes of faith, we see that death is the best of all possible events. For the saved person the day we depart from this earth is better than the day we arrived on this earth.

Comments

  1. He went from the church to the strip club.Ms. Ann I guess that's called keeping it real. We're not supposed to judge. God is the judge and right now he's being judged by God on his earthly deeds. I see a lot of comments all over the internet that are negative. One thing I'm wondering is are people being taught proper behavior? Are people being raised properly in the church or in the home to know ....... Make sure you're living right out here because you don't know the day or the hour when you might leave this earth. I like your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I guess that's one way of keeping it real.

      Delete
  2. I'm just scrolling through my newsfeed and see this. I am a fan, but I didn't want my last memory of him to be of him in his casket. That is so disrespectful to his kids and family. They allowed his viewing to be public for his fans and this is how they pay respect? Somebody got paid for doing this and it is disgusting. Prayers for his family and his true friends. May he rest with God. ✝

    ReplyDelete
  3. In HELL is were he will lifted his eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its not funny ... But why in the world would you take a body to a strip club? To celebrate his death??? This is so cold its beyond disrespectful... May he Rest N Peace... I guess it was so cold outside the person letting people in didn't wanna b bothered by the cellphone and problems with folks....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so remember there used to be a time where individuals were fearful of playing with God. I ventured out to TMZ and there was a video of folks "IN THE STRIP CLUB WITH THE STIPPERS", saying "God is Good." Holding up lights or whatever.... I have no words......

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Twitter Drags Racist Gospel Singer Vicki Yohe After Pro-Trump/Anti-Women's March Statement!

Good News: Black Members At Paula White Church Are Leaving Because They Disagree With Her Being A Spiritual Advisor To Trump!!

Minister Louis Farrakhan Has Come Out The Closet As A Christian, I Know That My Redeemer Liveth My Jesus is Alive.

The Vicki Yohe Aplogy: I Must Be Reading A Whole Different Apology From Everyone Else!!!

Why Are Professing Christians Defending and Co-signing Snoop Dogg Gospel Project??

I am Done With Vicki Yohe And Shame On Her For Blasting The WORD NETWORK Over Minister Louis Farrakhan.