Church Announcement: 20 Lesson I've Learned Since Leaving The Church!


Reader, I love this post and would have loved for this author to go more in-depth on her lists of things she has learned since leaving the church. In what way are pastors not loyal? I know that it is true, but why? At any rate, I can relate to this article, more so because I left my church years ago. The truth in these list items is painful, but likely important to read. The institutional church has a long history of failing people whose backs are against the wall. But I'd say that the church also has a long history of being there, speaking hard truths at its own peril, standing up against oppression, and pushing the world towards something we might recognize as having glimmers of the kingdom of God. Both are true.

 I'm fifty something raised in the church. When I was a new Christian many years ago, I naively thought that everyone in church read the Bible the same way with virtually one interpretation that all born again Christians would have. But over the years my view of the church have changed drastically. My husband and I left the “church house” 5 years ago after some pretty strange occurrences.  After serving on the praise team and usher ministries for many years and being on the inside of the trustee board, I was starting to question many things. At the top of the list was…..why should churches have tax exempt status? My husband and I tithed faithfully even when we shouldn’t have. I've experienced a sense of freedom after leaving the church.

Comments

  1. The Bible states in Numbers 23:19 - That God is not a man that he should lie. It just makes me wonder why she needed to leave the church to know that God is not a man. The Bible states that clearly anyway. Importance of reading the Bible yourself.

    I agree her article needs more depth, she has just given a check list but no explanation on how she decided that these things were true for her

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms.Ann I agree so many of us are tired of church, but really we are tired of the "Secular church". We are tired of "paying for a "prophecy". We are tired of the offering line being longer than prayer line. We are tired of leaving the altar, altered, twisted, more confused when we left than when we came.
    If we read and study the bible, which was written by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, we will see that it is prophetic within itself. Jesus did not preach religion, he didn't preach catholicism, presbyterian, COGIC, Full Gospel Baptist, or Bedside Baptist, HE PREACHED THE KINGDOM
    From that time on Jesus began to preach, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near." Matthew 4:17
    Then Jesus called the Twelve together and gave them power and authority over all demons, and power to cure diseases. 2And He sent them out to proclaim the kingdom of God and to heal the sick. Luke 9:1-2
    43 but he said to them, “I must preach the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns as well; for I was sent for this purpose.” Luke 4:43

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Twitter Drags Racist Gospel Singer Vicki Yohe After Pro-Trump/Anti-Women's March Statement!

Good News: Black Members At Paula White Church Are Leaving Because They Disagree With Her Being A Spiritual Advisor To Trump!!

Minister Louis Farrakhan Has Come Out The Closet As A Christian, I Know That My Redeemer Liveth My Jesus is Alive.

The Vicki Yohe Aplogy: I Must Be Reading A Whole Different Apology From Everyone Else!!!

Why Are Professing Christians Defending and Co-signing Snoop Dogg Gospel Project??

I am Done With Vicki Yohe And Shame On Her For Blasting The WORD NETWORK Over Minister Louis Farrakhan.