Featured Post

Retired Priest: ‘Hell’ Was Invented By The Church To Control People With Fear??


Reader, for some this may provide mind expansion; for others, this may ruffle feathers. No predictions on how the reader will take this information. I thought it interesting enough to share.  It is very interesting to discover that there are more Bible verses about Hell than there are about Heaven. Here are a few verses in the Old Testament about Hell. Daniel 12:2 proclaims, "Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt." Hell is described here as everlasting.
Isaiah 66:24 declares, "And they will go out and look upon the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; their worm will not die, nor will their fire be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind." In this Scripture, hell is described as a place where the fire is not quenched.
 Deuteronomy 32:22 portrays hell as a place where God pours out His wrath, "For a fire is kindled in My anger, and shall burn to the lowest hell; It shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains." Psalm 55:15 illustrates hell as a realm of the wicked, "Let death seize them; Let them go down alive into hell, for wickedness is in their dwellings and among them."

Episcopal bishop John Shelby Spong:
 "I think the church fired its furnaces hotter than anybody else. But I think there’s a sense in most religious life of reward and punishment in some form. The church doesn’t like for people to grow up, because you can’t control grown-ups. That’s why we talk about being born again. When you’re born again, you’re still a child. People don’t need to be born again. They need to grow up. They need to accept their responsibility for themselves and the world."

Comments

  1. I believe Hell is real and that's because that's what I was taught growing up. Now as I got older, I've experienced more people who do the "wrong" things are in and from the church. I was a former member and volunteer for a well known Mega Church and the behaviors I've witnessed with my OWN two eyes was equivalent or worse than the streets. Only thing is they are wearing suits! However, my experience with church folk doesn't diminish my relationship with God, just makes me understand how hypocrisy is very prevalent in the Body of Christ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose your key words are, "... because that's what I was "taught" growing up,"

      Delete
  2. black people don't do the two R's and that's reading and research and black pastor's know that so with that being said the Indoctrination was very simple!! Basically all you have to do is read and research hell and its beginnings and you can realize that hell of today is a hoax use to control by fear..it was a place in biblical times that was used to burn trash and burn bodies in overtime it develop into a literal place they use today to demonize, castigate and vilify anybody other than them! such as LGBT people, and the "others" and "them" and "they" and "those sinners"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean it took less than 3 seconds for me to do a simple Google search on the word "Gehenna" and then from there research the "origins of hell" all of that was done in less than 5 minutes for black church people they really don't want to research it especially black COGIC, Pentecostal, Baptist and other black evangelicals!

      Delete
  3. Ann I enjoy your posts for real! It is my belief that Hell, Hades and the lake of fire are all real. God has His perfect will and a permissive will. Witnessing is done unto salvation. I respect anyone who accepts or does not accept Jesus Christ as their personal Lord & Savior. Religion has turned people off and away. However, Spirituality and a relationship with Christ is rooted in love. Some have bastardized the faith for sure; and that's mentioned in Holy Writ (The Bible). Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. And depending upon your research materials, one could prove or debunk a theory and/or belief. Love stands and wins!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Twitter Drags Racist Gospel Singer Vicki Yohe After Pro-Trump/Anti-Women's March Statement!

Minister Louis Farrakhan Has Come Out The Closet As A Christian, I Know That My Redeemer Liveth My Jesus is Alive.

The Vicki Yohe Aplogy: I Must Be Reading A Whole Different Apology From Everyone Else!!!

Why Are Professing Christians Defending and Co-signing Snoop Dogg Gospel Project??

I am Done With Vicki Yohe And Shame On Her For Blasting The WORD NETWORK Over Minister Louis Farrakhan.

Prophet Brian Carn, Dr. Earl Carter, Bishop Ronzel Pretlow, Response To Apostle Matthew Stevenson's Commentary!

Stop It, Pastor Steven Furtick Did Not Sign A 6-Year, $110 Million Contract To Preach At Lakewood Church!

Ex Pastor LEAVES THE CHURCH And Says The Bible Isn't Real???