Featured Post

Is This Event Like A Step Towards The One World Religion??

Image
Reader thanks to Forerunner Chronicles Christopher Hudson for this post. What are your thoughts on this event? Forty plus speakers from around the world and across the streams of Christianity as they gather to seek the Lord for Unity and Revival as Jesus prayed in John 17, 'so the world will know him'.

Hillsong's Pastor Brian Houston Personal Statement About Pastor Mark Driscoll Is One To Be Applaud!


Let me be clear about one thing, is how Pastor Brian Houston starts his personal statement about Pastor Mark Driscoll upcoming interview. He goes on to say  Mark Driscoll and I stand poles apart on women, their place in society, and their role in the Church. Readers if  y'all remember I mention in April how some were trying to oust Mark Driscoll from appearing at the Hillsong conference in July.



Now, I am not a fan of Pastor Mark Driscoll teaching myself but my daughter likes his teaching. He has some strong convictions about certain things that I don't totally agree with but hey that's just me.  I think this a great response from Pastor Brian Houston. In my humble opinion whatever he did, it does not justify how the media have treated he and his family.

Update: The head of Pentecostal mega-church Hillsong has dropped US preacher Mark Driscoll from the lineup of the church’s 2015 Australian and UK conferences, saying it would be an “unnecessary distraction”.

Comments

  1. Ann. I would like to gently invite you to watch tonite's Lateline piece from Australia, which is what Brian Houston was responding to--you can watch here http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/content/2015/s4250054.htm . I have friends in Seattle who were deeply traumatised by Driscoll's abusive words and actions, and he has never apologised to them or reached out to them in any way to make up for the terrible things he said and did. It seems awful to me that he's being given a voice while no one is listening to these people he hurt so terribly. Did Jesus command Christians that if they were coming to worship God, and remembered that a brother or sister had something against them, they should first go be reconciled to their brother or sister, and then come and worship? Please have a look at our petition and consider helping us prevent further abuse by this man. Thank you! https://www.change.org/p/hillsong-remove-mark-driscoll-from-hillsong-europe-conference

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the link I will check it out.

      Delete
    2. thanks! I look forward to hearing your further thoughts =)

      Delete
    3. Is this petition to stop Mark Driscoll from being interviewed really fruitful? And some of the reasons that are given are really petty... He did wrong. He's no longer the head of Mars Hill. Now because he didn't go to each individual and say sorry you start an entire movement against him? What about petitioning against Bruce Jenner who is influencing young adults that if they want to be a different sex, they can mutilate themselves and be considered a hero for it? I mean for the sake of sanity if he was being given a senior Pastor role at Hillsong I would be on board. But this is another example of petty people preventing unity while the enemy is in plain sight taking more and more away from our people. SMH

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Twitter Drags Racist Gospel Singer Vicki Yohe After Pro-Trump/Anti-Women's March Statement!

Minister Louis Farrakhan Has Come Out The Closet As A Christian, I Know That My Redeemer Liveth My Jesus is Alive.

The Vicki Yohe Aplogy: I Must Be Reading A Whole Different Apology From Everyone Else!!!

Why Are Professing Christians Defending and Co-signing Snoop Dogg Gospel Project??

I am Done With Vicki Yohe And Shame On Her For Blasting The WORD NETWORK Over Minister Louis Farrakhan.

Prophet Brian Carn, Dr. Earl Carter, Bishop Ronzel Pretlow, Response To Apostle Matthew Stevenson's Commentary!

Stop It, Pastor Steven Furtick Did Not Sign A 6-Year, $110 Million Contract To Preach At Lakewood Church!

Ex Pastor LEAVES THE CHURCH And Says The Bible Isn't Real???