Did You Watch The Whitney Houston Made For TV Movie?


Lord have mercy, Whitney Houston was trending everywhere last night via social media.  While looking through my news feed, both Twitter and Facebook, it appeared that 90% or 9 out of every 10 post or updates, displayed something about the Whitney Houston Movie on the Lifetime network. It seems like  everyone wants to know the inside or private life of famous people. But often the true feelings and thoughts of the family members and true friends of the deceased, is not known or taken into consideration.

 After all love covers a multitude of faults. And those who love us will often overlook things that others make into a big deal. As Christians, we should always err on the side of LOVE! Here is what Pat Whitney's sister in law had to say about the movie - which I was not able to watch. I agree with the thoughts and it gives me another perspective of how to review the life of someone famous or the infamous, especially when the perspective of friends and family is not taken into consideration to produce the material! "Prove all things and hold fast to that which is good!" - 1 Ths. 5:21. What are your thoughts about the movie after reading Pat's statement?

Statement from Pat Houston, President of The Whitney Houston Estate via Lifetime movie:
 

Comments

  1. I always loved Whitney Houston...I watched the movie and enjoyed it, although I cannot say that everything was factual, because although I am intelligent and educated, I do not have all of the facts. I find her to be iconic like Barbara Streisand, Sarah Brightman. Andrea Bocceli , etc....But her life went wrong with the drugs. I will never really know who got her started, and in the movie Bobby Brown acts innocent, so I can understand the family's frustration...plus although he is remarried with a child, Whitney is in a grave in the cold dark earth, but I am sure her soul is in heaven. I will always love her and her music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to the latest report, 11.8 million viewers Watched the film.

      Delete
  2. I did not like the movie at all, it seemed to me that Whitney was portrayed as very naive. I also thought the acting was not so good, especially the character that played Bobby Brown. I think it should have gone deeper into her life story, how she got started singing in the church choir and her early performances in NYC before she made it big, I don't think it really told us much about her as a person at all. It all seemed too rushed

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't like the Whitney‬ movie one bit. "This creative pursuit at the expense of the integrity of such an iconic woman, who is voiceless today, reeks of condemnation and deceit. It reeks of enslavement to an industry that will likely do the same to you one day."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Born To Win, I thought it was ok. Lord knows they could have rightfully shown Whitney in an unfavorable light, but they didn't. I think they tastefully danced around her addiction and her volatile relationship with Bobby. I can see why the family would be upset cause they don't want anything about Whitney to come out, that doesn't show her in flattering manner, but Pat Houston and her husband chose prominance and profit over Whitney when they enabled her and covered up her indiscretions, so I find her a tad bit hypocritical.

      Delete
  4. I thought this film was fair & very well performed. I had problems with the txt/script but for the most part, dead on. People hate because it's hard to face truth. At moments I needed to turn away because I could believe how deep a TV movie would allow themselves to go. It was brave. Heartfelt & certainly not in bad taste. I never knew the devil Clive Davis was in her life. So wish we could have known the artist Whitney would have been had she been given the time to really heal & be the parent she wanted to be. Miss you, Nip. Thank you YaYa & Cox for bringing a legend back to life for just a moment. Bassett's work was stellar.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Twitter Drags Racist Gospel Singer Vicki Yohe After Pro-Trump/Anti-Women's March Statement!

Minister Louis Farrakhan Has Come Out The Closet As A Christian, I Know That My Redeemer Liveth My Jesus is Alive.

The Vicki Yohe Aplogy: I Must Be Reading A Whole Different Apology From Everyone Else!!!

Why Are Professing Christians Defending and Co-signing Snoop Dogg Gospel Project??

I am Done With Vicki Yohe And Shame On Her For Blasting The WORD NETWORK Over Minister Louis Farrakhan.

Prophet Brian Carn, Dr. Earl Carter, Bishop Ronzel Pretlow, Response To Apostle Matthew Stevenson's Commentary!

Stop It, Pastor Steven Furtick Did Not Sign A 6-Year, $110 Million Contract To Preach At Lakewood Church!

Ex Pastor LEAVES THE CHURCH And Says The Bible Isn't Real???