An announcement: Stop With The Foolishness, Single "MOM'S" Father's Day Is Not Your Day To Shine!


Calm down folks and stop with the foolishness. Over the last past couple of years I've noticed a trend in which single mothers are wishing other single mothers… A Happy Father's Day. Don't get me wrong, while it is your right to do so, no one can argue that. But this is not your day, this needs to stop.


  We need to be mindful of trying, to hijack and take the shine away from the good fathers on Father's Day.  Father's Day, is a day for celebrating father's who take care of their responsibility.  I have a big ole problem with this craziness every year when Father's Day comes around folks trying  like HELL to take the shine away from those fathers who deserve it.



 I am really disappointed in 'black' folks  who attack the black mother who's  raising their children on their own and doing the best they know how by them self.  In the last couple of years, this back and forth on social media has almost overtaken a celebration that was meant to acknowledge good fathers.



 Father and Mother Day are not celebrations about gender, but instead they are celebrations about roles.....that have been assigned to male and female before the beginning of time, (in my opinion).  Father's day which to me mean it doesn't belong to the single mothers.


 I'm sorry, just because you single mother has the task of doing this parenting thing along doesn't mean you supposed to it wasn't designed that way. There are some things God never assigned  a woman to do and being a father is one of them (in my opinion). Be who you are a celebrated single  mother raising her kids alone, not a FATHER!

Comments

  1. I agree 100% Ms Brock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann well-saidll!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I disagree, like you said its about roles. If a mother has to play the mother and fathers role she should be able to get recognition for that regardless if shes not a man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann you are heartless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well said Ann!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marilyn for the comment and the visit. Hey, I got a 1st cousin with the same name.

      Delete
    2. Amen....Let the Fathers have their day to "SHINE" !

      Delete
  6. I so agree. On mothers day people big up fathers and on fathers day mothers are being bigged up. There are many single mothers out there because of the choices they made and how their kids came to being. Will they not take responsibility and stop the blame game. Also as Christians we should not get into this gender role confusion. I was raised by a single mother because of how my dad was and it was a safety issue. However I never looked upon my mum as my dad. In fact despite my dads transgressions to my mum she never prevented me or stopped me from communicating with him. I have had many father figures come into my life throughout the years. God fulfilled the role for me. My heavenly Father sustains me so I am good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a single dad of 3. I don't feel the need to hijack mothers day because I have to do "double duty"

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO TRUE MY BROTHER ,BE ENCOURGED A MAN CANNOT BE A MOM AND DAD NOR A WOMAN .A BOY NEEDS HIS DAD. HOW CAN A WOMAN TEACH A BOY HOW TO BE A MAN? THE CHURCH HAS SO MUCH OF THE WORLDS VIEWS IN IT THAT IT HAS BECOME SICKING.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you know, Hallmark's Mahogany line has two "for Mom on Father's Day" cards that i saw yesterday. i don't remember seeing those in the "regular" section. targeting our community?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with you 150% on this, Miss Ann. There's no such thing as playing both parental roles. How can a father teach his daughter about childbirth? How can a mother teach her son about manly desires? *smh*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are you truly this dense? Do you honestly think that some humans are so weak that they don't openly discuss sexual education with their children? Maybe you can't, but those of us who understand science have it covered.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Twitter Drags Racist Gospel Singer Vicki Yohe After Pro-Trump/Anti-Women's March Statement!

Good News: Black Members At Paula White Church Are Leaving Because They Disagree With Her Being A Spiritual Advisor To Trump!!

Minister Louis Farrakhan Has Come Out The Closet As A Christian, I Know That My Redeemer Liveth My Jesus is Alive.

The Vicki Yohe Aplogy: I Must Be Reading A Whole Different Apology From Everyone Else!!!

Why Are Professing Christians Defending and Co-signing Snoop Dogg Gospel Project??

I am Done With Vicki Yohe And Shame On Her For Blasting The WORD NETWORK Over Minister Louis Farrakhan.