|The Bible is a docudrama based on the stories in The Bible. As with any dramatization, some stories and timelines were altered to create a moving story that fit the 10 hour time frame.|
I'm finding that some of the loudest noise is coming from folks who are not fans of the (NIV) New International Version of the Bible and the (NRS) New Revised Standard Version of the Bible, in which the series is based.
There's noise surrounding the docudrama producers, husband and wife team Mark Burnett and Roma Downey. Husband Mark Burnett, is one of the industry’s biggest and most successful reality show producers ('Sarah Palin’s Alaska,' ‘Survivor,’ ‘The Apprentice,’ ‘Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader’ etc.) wife Roma Downey the "Touched By An Angle" star is Roman Catholic and rumors by some to be a new ager.
There's also (questions) noise surrounding the team of advisors who was consultants while writing and filming the miniseries. Some of the team includes:
1. Rick Warren – Pastor, Saddleback
2. Joel Osteen – Pastor, Lakewood Church
3. Erwin McManus – Pastor, Mosaic
4. Jim Daly – Focus on the Family
5. Sam Rodriguez – National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference
6. Paul Eshleman – Campus Crusade for Christ
7. Bobby Gruenewald – YouVersion Bible
8. Bishop T. D. Jakes - The Potter House
9. Dr. Cynthia Hale - Ray of Hope.In the above clip Bishop Jakes, who is part of the advisor team, give "his" commentary on Jesus and Pilate for the docudrama. The comment below is one that I found on a blog where they are fighting to get the truth out. (Whatever that mean)
This will be just one more blaspheme, one more mockery, one more insult to the Word of God and the Lord Jesus Himself by the lost world. The supposed response given by Jesus to Peter ("change the world") sends me through the roof with anger. If this is believed it will make Jesus out to be a fraud, a liar, and a deceiver because the world has not been changed (the answer implies change for the better) but growing increasingly worse day by day. It plants the seeds of doubt in the mind of the lost and those weak in the faith. It portrays our Lord as weak, ineffectual, and a mad dreamer (who is it that can really change the world for good?). To be sure, the Lord Jesus will change the world but not in the way dreamed of by these utopian, god manufacturing haters of the True and Living God."