Monday, June 13, 2011

Family And Friends Day.

I  saw this question on the net: What  is a "Homecoming Celebration"? If you grew up in the south and was  part of the black church experience you already know  this. Homecoming celebration has always being part of the "The Black Church" life.

It's  an annual event in which  former members, friends, and family return to celebrate the life of a past congregation. The event can marks and celebrate the history of a congregation and how it has contributed to the lives of those who have since moved away from this, their church home. It is also a time to reflect on the lives of people who help shaped that particular church  like  Big Mama who have gone on to glory but not forgotten.


  1. I don't believe this is just a black thing. I grew up in a "black church" in the South and never heart the term until I went to predominantly white church in the East. I think it depends more on your region and what terms are common or not. Either way I enjoy homecoming events.

  2. thank for the information on family and friends day at the church. I am thinking about celebrating the past and thanking God for the present.We are so bless to be able to thank God for so much, some time it was hard, but the Bible say, in all things give thanks.