.

Google+ Followers

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Francis Chan "Erasing Hell"

Some one email me this clip of Francis Chan talking about  his new book "Erasing Hell"....I've heard of Francis Chan thru various Christian sites that I visit daily......I remember last year when the news among the Christian community were  how Chan was walking away from his mega church for no reason at all....I'm thinking to my self what pastor  in his right mind would walk away from the perks and trapping of the mega church? so I did a little research on Chan and can honestly say I  agree with a lot of his teaching...Chan seems like a very humble man who is calling  for those of us who claim Christ to practice humility.....Especially when discussing people's eternal destiny.....I appreciate Francis Chan's humble attitude toward the ways of God and not bringing God down to our level.....I feel Chan approach is much more realistic than the church  culture  we have been living under for years......It's hard for some folks to grasp and understand God's plan for man...I   believe He has been speaking to us about His plan all through the ages we don't wont no part of it......We need to know God word much better than we do.... I'm thinking Chan book is going to be a direct response to Rob Bell's book and to the theology he is pushing, of which a major point is questioning very strongly the doctrine of Hell, and questioning what Hell actually is.....I believe Chan says something in the clip that is so important when it comes to understanding God.....we must take the whole of scripture into perspective instead of picking and choosing  so that we might create a god whose justice is like ours....Chan  love for the Church body is apparent.....His concern for people's souls is obvious.
.
Please Share it! :)

Widgets

Show Comments: OR

6 comments :

  1. Wow! This is what God wants from us. To seek Him diligently and to humble ourselves before Him.
    Francis Chan has got it right...he's inspired me to struggle even harder to be humble.

    That is always very hard to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow is right! Profound and powerfully humbling. I am gonna have to revisit my "Hell" study. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anna thanks for the comment...I like Chan approach to the subject matter.

    @S Morgan thanks for the comment...I just might check this book out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your post. I agree with you on Francis Chan; he's an awesome example and a great Christian leader! I am looking forward to his book! I read Rob Bell's book and really enjoyed it. It challenged me a lot concerning what I believe and why I believe it. It made me realize I was making too many assumptions on some things, and it's opened my mind to God being EVEN BIGGER than I imagined previously. I am glad that Rob Bell and Francis Chan are tackling this topic; I think its due. I think we have just accept too many ideas and it's good for us to take a second look at such a fundemental point of our faith. My mind has been expanded by Rob Bell and am looking forward to what Francis Chan will add to my learning and growing in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your post. I agree with you on Francis Chan; he's an awesome example and a great Christian leader! I am looking forward to his book! I read Rob Bell's book and really enjoyed it. It challenged me a lot concerning what I believe and why I believe it. It made me realize I was making too many assumptions on some things, and it's opened my mind to God being EVEN BIGGER than I imagined previously. I am glad that Rob Bell and Francis Chan are tackling this topic; I think its due. I think we have just accept too many ideas and it's good for us to take a second look at such a fundemental point of our faith. My mind has been expanded by Rob Bell and am looking forward to what Francis Chan will add to my learning and growing in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is what God wants from us. To seek Him diligently and to humble ourselves before Him.
    Francis Chan has got it right...he's inspired me to struggle even harder to be humble.

    That is always very hard to do.

    ReplyDelete