Google+ Followers

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Way To Go Keyshia Cole!!

The season premiere of VH1′s “Celebrity Rehab”got kicked off Thursday night with one of its newest members being none other than Keyshia Cole’s biological mom Frankie Lons.....Frankie checked herself in to rehab looking for help for her addictions....according to, during the show, fans on Twitter decided to tweet @Keyshia  and go off on Frankie  for  her appearance on the show.

Instead Keyshia who was raise and reared in a Christian home by Dr. Yvonne Cole and her husband....politely discussed her thoughts on her mother’s addiction:
I’d really love for my son to know his grandmother. Thank u for all of ur love and consideration. We can not change the people we love. But maybe the love we have to give can help change glad that u all have seen that no matter the road, U can overcome. U must realize that U R NOT ALONE. Let strength over power ur fears.we hope Frankie gets through this!


  1. Both of my parents struggled with alcohol addiction. I would also go as far to say that they were both addicted to nicotine/cigarettes. The only thing that stopped my father from smoking and drinking was death. My mother actually went through a program herself to stop drinking; and although she's had cancer (like my father) she still smokes.

    I don't drink or smoke.

    I have strong opinions about people with addictions, usually I keep them to myself. The reality is that if someone recognizes their foibles and makes a conscious effort to resolve whatever it is, who shouldn't respect that?!?

  2. @Reggie thanks for the comment...I know what you're saying...I've watched my son destory his life wih drugs from the age of 15 until present time....LORD it's not easy.

  3. I have addicts of all kinds in my family and I understand not wanting to give up on them but I release them to the Lord because he is the only one that can change them.

    I personally don't think that show and the dr. are reliable. He doesn't have a good record of success and he had quite a few suicides. I think she would have done better with a private doctor.

  4. @ Reggie stay strong and whatever you do stay away from those addictions and any others. I also have to say that it isn't about people not respecting someone trying to get off of drugs but instead it is getting tired of seeing addicts play and pretend they want to get off drugs. I have seen both types of addicts. I also think Frankie is one that is one that hasn't made up her mind to get off of drugs. I have seen family members do just what she is doing. It gets tiring and offensive to see.