Featured Post

Trump says he’s fulfilled his promises to Christians, but he really means white evangelicals

Image
Reader according to The Washington Post, it sounds like 45 will be fulfilling no more campaign promises made to white conservative evangelicals. I repeat, in "my opinion", white conservative evangelical Christians are among the very worst people this country has every produced. Given half a chance, they would re-institute slavery, stone women to death in the streets for adultery (but never the men), legalize rape, execute homosexuals en masse, cart Jews off to the gas chambers, and set the world on fire all in the name of their god. We know this because they tell us that's what they want to do. They're proud of their hate until you call them monsters. Then you're attacking their faith and they're being "persecuted." 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/10/15/trump-says-hes-fulfilled-his-promises-to-christians-but-he-really-means-white-evangelicals/?tid=sm_fb_pol

The Pastor's Anniversary!

The Pastor’s Anniversary is the starting date of a pastor’s relationship with a local congregation....It remains a unique moment in the life of a congregation because of the historic role of the pastor in the black church....So, today, the old black church celebrate pastors everywhere who:
  1. Stand in the lineage of those who affirmed our humanity amidst the oppression of slavery, Reconstruction and Jim Crow;
  2. Serve congregations faithfully regardless of the size of the church;
  3. Can endure the storms of ministry because they know God controls the Church;
  4. Guide congregations toward opportunities for green pastures and away from danger;
  5. Serve willingly and not for self-gratification or gain;
  6. Though not perfect, serve the Chief Shepherd with dedication, discipline and humility.  Source here!

Comments

  1. Hello Ann,

    This post compelled me to tell a little story. I love my pastor, he is all the things you listed. He's been the pastor of our church for about 4 years, but unfortnately, he seems to be under constant attack by some of the "old guard".

    At his 3 year aniversary we had a big formal type banquet, complete with catered food, music, speeches and testimony. This year it was toned down, and unfortunately I missed it. Well, that hurt me( that I had to miss it). So that next week I stood up in church and gave my own words of appreciation. And of course, since I am seldom lost for words, I think I was on the floor for about 10 minutes. I don't know what other folks thought but personally, I had to stand up and tell him and the church how much I loved him for all the reasons on your list. It's very difficult being a preacher while living by the word. Being a "preacher" is one thing, but being a pastor is a daunting task, that's not made for the weak or faithless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to those hard working pastors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Carey, what did your pastor say afterward? I think most pastor's would love to be acknowledge for their hard work.

    @Anna i agee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Ann,

    This post compelled me to tell a little story. I love my pastor, he is all the things you listed. He's been the pastor of our church for about 4 years, but unfortnately, he seems to be under constant attack by some of the "old guard".

    At his 3 year aniversary we had a big formal type banquet, complete with catered food, music, speeches and testimony. This year it was toned down, and unfortunately I missed it. Well, that hurt me( that I had to miss it). So that next week I stood up in church and gave my own words of appreciation. And of course, since I am seldom lost for words, I think I was on the floor for about 10 minutes. I don't know what other folks thought but personally, I had to stand up and tell him and the church how much I loved him for all the reasons on your list. It's very difficult being a preacher while living by the word. Being a "preacher" is one thing, but being a pastor is a daunting task, that's not made for the weak or faithless.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Twitter Drags Racist Gospel Singer Vicki Yohe After Pro-Trump/Anti-Women's March Statement!

Minister Louis Farrakhan Has Come Out The Closet As A Christian, I Know That My Redeemer Liveth My Jesus is Alive.

The Vicki Yohe Aplogy: I Must Be Reading A Whole Different Apology From Everyone Else!!!

Why Are Professing Christians Defending and Co-signing Snoop Dogg Gospel Project??

I am Done With Vicki Yohe And Shame On Her For Blasting The WORD NETWORK Over Minister Louis Farrakhan.

Prophet Brian Carn, Dr. Earl Carter, Bishop Ronzel Pretlow, Response To Apostle Matthew Stevenson's Commentary!

Stop It, Pastor Steven Furtick Did Not Sign A 6-Year, $110 Million Contract To Preach At Lakewood Church!

Ex Pastor LEAVES THE CHURCH And Says The Bible Isn't Real???