.

Google+ Followers

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Where Are The Titus 2 Women?

I have a  question for  you today....Is  there any  Titus 2 older women training younger women  in your church?
Have you every heard this before: When  two sinners live together there will always be a conflicts? Sadly, I didn't  receive any mentoring or training from my church back in the day...... I really  just learned about biblical womanhood via the  internet  in the last  couple of years....There seems to be a trend going on today were the focus is on how to be  single....Rather than how to be married.

Scripture teaches  that  women have to learn to love their husbands (Titus 2:4), and husbands are commanded to live with their wives in an understanding way (1 Peter 3:7).Wow!!Young women are to be train in how to love their husbands and children....They are  to be train in  self-controlled  and  kindness...The Scriputres  never instruct the church  to teach young people  how to be single.
Please Share it! :)

Widgets

Show Comments: OR

3 comments :

  1. Something to ponder. Is this something learned before or after marriage?
    Most of our mothers taught us how to cook and keep a house under the guise of housework and chores, but courtship/relationship matters were kept private.
    Then the fact that most young men aren't being trained to be husbands and fathers, would make a sad reality to a host of single, nurturing women waiting on a Boaz or Solomon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and very true! I could go on for days regarding the reasons why I believe this is no longer happening in our church and community, but for now I'll just commend you on posting this. We need to walk according to this word and trust that as we do what scripture tells us to do, the Lord is moving on our behalf to make sure our brothers are prepared to receive us as wives. And yes, this training should come before you're married. "On the job" training will always be there. We'll never stop learning how to love our husbands once we're married, but I don't believe we should wait until we get married to begin learning what the Lord meant by this and why His direction to women was different from His direction to men. SO much I could say, but I'll just say thanks, again, for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post and very true! I could go on for days regarding the reasons why I believe this is no longer happening in our church and community, but for now I'll just commend you on posting this. We need to walk according to this word and trust that as we do what scripture tells us to do, the Lord is moving on our behalf to make sure our brothers are prepared to receive us as wives. And yes, this training should come before you're married. "On the job" training will always be there. We'll never stop learning how to love our husbands once we're married, but I don't believe we should wait until we get married to begin learning what the Lord meant by this and why His direction to women was different from His direction to men. SO much I could say, but I'll just say thanks, again, for this post.

    ReplyDelete