Google+ Followers

Friday, July 9, 2010

TBN and The Praise-a-Thon!!

 Is it of God that the obscenely rich should profit so greatly from the desperately poor?
Luxury cruise?

Come-on TBN!! Those prices are ridiculous...I believe TBN  is really causing a black eye in the world's view of Christianity.... Not that they should try to fit into a worldly pattern by appetizing the desires of the masses but their current approach to the gospel is not good....What about the economical  hard times  most of America are facing? From my  research most of the people who support "TBN and their Praise-a-Thons" are the elderly.

4 comments:

  1. Things like this are telling.

    The economic situation in this country is a)well known and b)surely not limited to just a few. What does it say when you charge such exorbitant prices?

    A lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TBN? I stopped watching TBN along with all other idol-based television/cable over 7 years ago. Most of it is shameful to the name of God. It is totally people worship. God is but a byword. One of the nursing homes I visit gave me a real wake-up call recently. As I sat with a little lady who has dementia and many other illnesses, I watched her break down in tears as she tried (unsuccessfully) to use the phone to respond to Mike Murdock's called to GIVE NOW or MISS EVERYTHING. I cannot even express how I felt watching someone frail and confused scramble to respond to the money call. It was sad. It was sick. It was scary. None of this is of God. God is in none of their thoughts. God will clean up the mess, and very soon. Nahum 1, 2 & 3.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Blue Butterfly---That is shocking! It really brings it home for me. I never considered it from that perspective. Through your eyes I can see that elderly person going through that, and it really hurts me! I've worked in an Alzheimer's facility and those people are soooo vulnerable! They are so precious and frail!
    Oh Lord! from Anna Renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Things like this are telling.

    The economic situation in this country is a)well known and b)surely not limited to just a few. What does it say when you charge such exorbitant prices?

    A lot.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is a privilege, not a right.