.

Google+ Followers

Followers

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Listen, Christ, You Did Alright In Your Day, I Reckon— But That Day’s Gone Now.

The Rev.Kenneth Fowlkes of  Kingdom Builders Ministries  says "Humanists are encouraging African Americans to go to hell."And some one else  even suggested that  black women are  better off adopting atheism... Some people are  pointing the finger at the  Black Church as the reason for African American leaving Jesus....All I can say is at one time The Black  Church was one of the few places were we could go to escape the injustices of the world...The act of going to church alone has helped  us maintain any sense of hope as well as dignity...I have always believed that  in most black churches our people  were/are  free to think on their own....But at the  same time were  given that   feeling of  security....I "m talking about the   felling of being free from danger while  in the  arms of Jesus...What I’m trying to say is that I don't get this new movement....I don't no any one who denies the existence of God especially black women....But according to a newPew Forum study  on Religion that seems to be what's going on....Yet the movement is seen by some black leaders like Rev. Fowlker  as more of a threat than an opportunity...What's your thoughts?
Show Comments: OR

3 comments :

  1. "There are no atheists in the fox hole."

    Don't know who said this, but I believe it's true for most of them when really hard times or death stares them in the face.

    I see the biggest threat to any kind of relationship with God is apathy. The atheist thinks it through and makes a conscious decision, the apathetic hardly think about God at all.

    I respect the decisions or lifestyles of either, BUT, I think many are short changing themselves. This in turns short changes communities because the church, synagogue, mosque, or temple are places for people to connect and often used to brainstorm during and after service in how to build better communities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kit thanks for your comment...The idea that an individual can't see the evidence of God in the magnificence of His creation is sad...Kit I also respect their choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kit thanks for your comment...The idea that an individual can't see the evidence of God in the magnificence of His creation is sad...Kit I also respect their choice.

    ReplyDelete