.

Google+ Followers

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Is There Ever A Justification For Being Re-Baptized?

The CNN Belief Blog will occasionally share the spiritual journeys of others and begins with this one from Jascinth Hall, a 26-year-old wife and mother of three who was baptized - along with 109 others - on Saturday, May 8, at Berean Seventh-day Adventist Church in Atlanta, Georgia....From reading the article I don't believe Ms. Hall understand Scriptural  baptism:
"Re-baptism is a common thing in the church. As a teenager, even as an adult, I’ve made bad decisions. I’ve sinned. I wanted to just give my life completely over to Christ again and say, “Lord I know I’ve made mistakes. But I know that you forgive me for my sins.... I know that you’ll take my life and make it worth something - make it of some value.”
I was raise to believe genuine baptism is needed only one time in a person’s life.... Once a person has been baptized, according to the full complement of scriptural instructions, he or she never has the need to repeat this “new birth” process ( John 3:3-5)...Also after a person has entered the family of Christ through baptism (1 Corinthians 12:13; cf. Galatians 3:26-27), he or she is a part of the church, the household of God (1 Timothy 3:15; cf. Ephesians 2:19-22). The new Christian thus has access to all of the spiritual benefits of the “in Christ” relationship (Ephesians 1:3). As a son or daughter of God, within that sacred environment, the Christian petitions the heavenly Father for his or her personal needs by means of prayer (see Acts 8:22,24; cf. James 5:16), including forgiveness for sins as a child who will err (cf. 1 John 1:8; 2:1).I do believe there's a time to be re- baptized:
If you  were sprinkled.
If you were  baptized as an  infants.
If you were  baptized believing you were already saved and you were not.
Please Share it! :)

Widgets

Show Comments: OR

4 comments :

  1. Magnolia BlackMonday, 31 May, 2010

    Is it possible that they are treating the experience like couples who renew their wedding vows..just to reaffirm their commitment? Or is the act of communion designed to act as a renewal/remembrance activity?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Magnolia Black thanks for your comment...I understand what you are saying but... The question I'm asking is “Why is re-baptism necessary in that young lady mind?

    What’s wrong with her simply making a public profession/renewal of her faith? Without being re-baptize.

    Too me being baptized again doesn’t “add” anything spiritually to a profession of faith already made in Jesus Christ.”

    That's why I made the statement I don't believe the young lady have a proper understanding of baptism.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magnolia BlackMonday, 31 May, 2010

    That is possible..perhaps she falls in the last category that you mentioned as far as believing that you were save and it actually wasn't so. Well, I guess the important thing is that she is back in fellowship and hopefully, if she is under false pretense regarding the baptismal ritual, then she is in an appropriate venue to receive direction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Magnolia Black thanks for your comment...I understand what you are saying but... The question I'm asking is “Why is re-baptism necessary in that young lady mind?

    What’s wrong with her simply making a public profession/renewal of her faith? Without being re-baptize.

    Too me being baptized again doesn’t “add” anything spiritually to a profession of faith already made in Jesus Christ.”

    That's why I made the statement I don't believe the young lady have a proper understanding of baptism.

    ReplyDelete