.

Google+ Followers

Followers

Thursday, April 29, 2010

"Little Rance Allen-the Boy Preacher"

Rance Allen  is one  of God's greatest influences in The Gospel Music World. He set the music world on fire between 1971 and 1974 with his electrifying recordings for the Stax-owned Gospel Truth and Truth labels. Hits like "Just My Salvation," "There's Gonna Be a Showdown," and "Ain't No Need of Crying" broke down stylistic barriers between gospel, rock, and soul musical styles as they never had before. One of 12 children, Rance has been performing since he was five. As "Little Rance Allen-the Boy Preacher" he preached and sang throughout Michigan, Ohio, and Pennsylvania until he was 14. Coming out of the COGIC Rance says he had a very strict up bringing by his grandparents. He didn't have a life like most kids had. He  wasn't allowed to go out and play and do the things a kid does.

 Rance began playing piano when he was seven and picked up the guitar two years later. He credits gospel giant James Cleveland as his main influence, but also names Ray Charles and Chuck Berry. Rance states that his style of music was not accepted in every church.  Rance has been overwhelming audiences across the country ever since with his exuberant stage demeanor and shattering vocals that slide up and down the scale.  Rance punctuates his delivery with deep growls and  rhythmic scats.
Please Share it! :)

Widgets

Show Comments: OR

5 comments :

  1. ANN!!! YOU DON'T KNOW HOW HAPPY YOU HAVE JUST MADE ME!!! I didn't know who Rance Allen was back in the day, I was just a little tyke of about 14 or so, but I LOVED THAT SONG---AINT NO NEED OF CRYING!!!!
    I loved every single thing he did with his voice in that song!! And I havent heard that song since the 70s! Didnt even know it was gospel back then--just that i loved it!! Oh my God, I have to do a post on that song!!! My heart is full and my head is thumping!!
    I almost remembered every word and every intonation too after 25 years!
    I need to lie down now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anna Renee thanks for your comment. I love Rance Allen unique style and voice. He's some what a showman but his message is always on point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE RANCE ALLEN I HAVE MET HIM AND YES HE IS SO HUMBLE. AND I HAVE PHOTOS WITH HIM. I LOVE HIM TOO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE RANCE ALLEN I HAVE MET HIM AND YES HE IS SO HUMBLE. AND I HAVE PHOTOS WITH HIM. I LOVE HIM TOO.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ANN!!! YOU DON'T KNOW HOW HAPPY YOU HAVE JUST MADE ME!!! I didn't know who Rance Allen was back in the day, I was just a little tyke of about 14 or so, but I LOVED THAT SONG---AINT NO NEED OF CRYING!!!!
    I loved every single thing he did with his voice in that song!! And I havent heard that song since the 70s! Didnt even know it was gospel back then--just that i loved it!! Oh my God, I have to do a post on that song!!! My heart is full and my head is thumping!!
    I almost remembered every word and every intonation too after 25 years!
    I need to lie down now!

    ReplyDelete