Monday, April 19, 2010

Favor Ain't Fair!

I believe Bishop Jake's is the first person I heard use the term "Favor Ain't Fair" Today's devotional is talking about the favor of God . Remember how the Bible stated  that Esther had favor with the king? And how the king was attracted to Esther more than to any of the other women, and she won his favor. I think Esther life is one we could study if we want to enjoy God’s favor. At lest it's worth  looking at anyway.
First  Esther  took the time necessary to prepare herself. Before the  girl’s turn came to go in to King  she had  complete twelve months of beauty treatment (See Est 2:12). There are no shortcuts. The price of success is study, preparation and discipline. Those who pay that price aren’t lucky, they’re rewarded! 

Second Esther  sought to please only one man—the king! No doubt Esther turned a lot of heads, but she sought the approval of only one. Why do you want to be blessed? To please God? Or yourself? Or others? The higher God takes you the more you’ll have to answer this question. 

Third  Esther had a purpose greater than survival or self interest. Haman planned to annihilate every Jew. Only someone greater could save them, like the king’s wife. That’s when Mordecai told Esther, “You have come to the kingdom for such a time as this” (Est 4:14 NKJV). You were born with a plan and a set of instructions; you’ll discover them in the presence of the One who said: “Before you were born I set you apart” (Jer 1:5 NIV). What sets you apart? What were you called to do? 

Fourth  She gave it her all. Approaching the king uninvited meant death, yet Esther said, “If I perish, I perish” (Est 4:16 NIV). And the result? The nation was saved and Haman was hanged on his own gallows. God’s favor—there’s nothing like it!  Favor ain't fair!


  1. "Those who pay that price aren’t lucky, they’re rewarded!"

    My sister, this was a masterpiece, but that line definitely the centerpiece for me. If it's alright with you Annie, I would you allow me to repost this on my facebook page. I really believe some people will be blessed by it.

  2. I love your blog, and I am honored to add it to my great blog list.

    I also follow your blog and very much happy to follow your blog.

    Will you add my blog in your great blog.