Whoring In The Pulpit!

Sexual sin is so common, so rampant, so unchecked in our churches. I am wondering “Is anybody living right?” Well, I’m sure somebody is living right. Now living right doesn’t mean living perfect. It means your motives are pure, your intentions are true. It means you are giving God your all and trying your best. Am I perfect? Hell No! Are my motives pure? I absolutely think so;at lest i intend them to be. So, am I living right? Yes, to the best of my ability. I have faults, I have weaknesses. But at the present moment, sexual sin ain't one of them.

I've notice two things that are bringing preachers/teachers down in these last days: "Money and Women" It’s a sad fact that the sins of the flesh are often the most compelling. My old pastor used to said will-power won't work on sin; you got to have Holy Ghost Power. Now it has gotten to the point where I wonder if anyone can remain faithful to God—anyone,me included.

It seems like a successful ministry is at fault in alot of these cases. Why do this seems to be the pattern with many if not most black pastors. Early on, there is struggle. And in that struggle we usually find the most sincerity, the purest vision and the fruits of consecrated sacrifice. But, as the ministry flourishes, the pastor becomes increasingly arrogant and selfishness . Now you've got pastor appreciation day along with pastor anniversary. Now I've just learn about another pastor caught in adultery. A pastor engaging in sexual misconduct is the ultimate act of selfishness too me. And that is were I will have to draw my line.

I can't see my self sitting under any pastor leadership were he's screwing every other woman in the church. Do every pastor cheat on his wife? If so why? Someone once said that the pulpit is a powerful magnet for lonely women. Is this true? Back in the days of my youth you could here the old people say things like there's an "Old Boy's Club" among most pastors. They would say thing like pastors keep each others’ confidence, and secrets. Is it true that many if not most pastors know that there colleague is a whore.Meaning, they can name names—of pastors they know, for a fact, have mistresses all over the place. And, even more sadly, everyone at the church know these women are the pastor’s mistress.

Question
: What's the one thing you won't tolerate from your pastor?

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ann,

    I'll try hard not to debate anyone in your blog today :-).

    If I were the devil, my playground would be the pulpit. Take down the head and the body will follow. I am not worried about the wayward ministers, they are going to do what they do. I am more concerned with those that follow them. We know that we can harvest a lot of fruit from one seed "The sower & The seed".

    In my work I've used an analogy along this line ..."you can't get a good crop from a bad seed" and "you can't get a shiny red apple seed from a fig tree, no matter how rich the soil".

    The seed has to die and be .....


    To answer your question (and it's a slippery one), sexual misconduct for me is a no-no. Here's the slippery part. Well, if we are staying true to the bible and Gods words, it shouldn't be. Sex outside of marriage is forbidden - right? So it should stop there. Many pastors are single and I wonder how they and others feel about them "dating" and having sex. We can push it, smack it, or run it around but the bible tells me so.

    Oh, btw, I mentioned your blog today - sort of. I had a little fun today.

    Our friend SLC has already been eliminated - sort of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen this situation so many times that I am no longer shocked. I am saddened by both a lot of pastor's behavior and that of their willing participants. For me, it is one of the foremost things that sullies the pulpit and the pastor's ability to lead.

    Unfortunately, I think that it will probably get worse because so many accept it.

    I stopped going to my church because of this very thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Mary at Civilla's Cyber Cafe thanks for stopping by and for the comment. Judgment starts at the house of God first.
    @Carey thanks for your comment. I once heard that Satan love high places.
    @Shelia thanks for your comment. Girl when pastors start to whoring around that's when it's time for me to go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always been amazed at the number of people that would remain under a Pastor they KNOW is out of order. When we know better we should do better. My question when folks would complain but STAY was always "Why are you supporting the foolishness when you know better"?

    No way would I stay at a church where the Pastor was a known whore....although I know of one church where the BLIND Pastor was said to be a whore....but he obviously had some help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First I want to say, I agree with some of what Mary says and Carey.
    The question brings to my mind the story of King David, He was the King choosen by GOD,having a heart after GOD'S own heart. King David saw a beauiful woman named Bathsheba. He send for her, slept with her, impregnated her,and had her husband killed, so he could have her. Now did GOD take the crown from him? No, of course he punished him, but he forgave him, as he tells us to do.

    If the pastor commits adultery,and I just leave the church without giving him a chance to repent, then I'm just as guilty as he is.

    Now if he doesn't repent and just continue in his adulterous affair, then I couldn't continue on under that leadership.

    Now if he commits adultery 777x7 and repents 777x7 then I am to forgive him 777x7:) Speaking of myself now, not speaking for anyone else. Have a blessed night.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOu are NOT just as guilty as the pastor if you leave the church because he commited adultery. Ignorance of the scriptures cause many to fall by using earthly wisdom which is foolish. Ministers have a higher responsibility to be examples. Ministers who sin will be judged more severely. Ministers are supposed to exemplify Christ in behavior and teaching; with emphasis on behavior. The principles are culled from the Bible. Paul, the apostle wrote; "follow me as I follow Christ."

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with very little of above statement, but we are all as filthy rags. if he repents who are you to still hold him accountable. When people start loving the pastor as Christ himself, then they are so disappointed when they mess up, like all humans do,there was only one sinless one. Let the one without sin cast the first stone. We are quick to judge others and slow to look at ourselves. The word says to forgive. We have to stop holding these pastors up as GODS, THEN YOU WON'T BE SO DISAPPOINTED WHEN THEY DISAPOINT YOU. and yes you are guilty of not being forgiving. The key words here is IF HE REPENTS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. COME TO MN COIGC ....IT REAL BAD...AND THE STUIPD PEOPLE STAY AT THE CHURCH DUMMIES

    ReplyDelete
  11. YOu are NOT just as guilty as the pastor if you leave the church because he commited adultery. Ignorance of the scriptures cause many to fall by using earthly wisdom which is foolish. Ministers have a higher responsibility to be examples. Ministers who sin will be judged more severely. Ministers are supposed to exemplify Christ in behavior and teaching; with emphasis on behavior. The principles are culled from the Bible. Paul, the apostle wrote; "follow me as I follow Christ."

    ReplyDelete
  12. I truly agree with the above statement, Because, I had to leave a Great Church because of this type of foolishness and men who are in the pulpit. Wolves in Sheep Clothings.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I WANT TO KNOW WHY PASTORSMFEEL LIKE THEY NEED TO BEG FOR MONEY ALL THE TIME I HAVE BEEN TO MANY CHURCHS AN PEOPLE ARE VERY RUDE AN THEY WANT TO CONTROL MEMBERS THATS A TURN OFF FOR ME CHURCH NOT LIKE IT USE TO BE PEOPLE ARE VERY VERY NASTY TO EACH OTHER GOD SEE EVERYTHING THAT GO ON I AM GLAD GOD HAS THE LAST SAY SO GOD BLESS

    ReplyDelete
  14. My pastor cheats on his wife with the Chairman of the deacon board niece. And he doesn't see anything wrong with that. Old Rugged

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Twitter Drags Racist Gospel Singer Vicki Yohe After Pro-Trump/Anti-Women's March Statement!

Good News: Black Members At Paula White Church Are Leaving Because They Disagree With Her Being A Spiritual Advisor To Trump!!

Minister Louis Farrakhan Has Come Out The Closet As A Christian, I Know That My Redeemer Liveth My Jesus is Alive.

The Vicki Yohe Aplogy: I Must Be Reading A Whole Different Apology From Everyone Else!!!

Why Are Professing Christians Defending and Co-signing Snoop Dogg Gospel Project??

I am Done With Vicki Yohe And Shame On Her For Blasting The WORD NETWORK Over Minister Louis Farrakhan.