.

Google+ Followers

Followers

Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Choice Is Yours!

I've received a couple of e- mails were people are trying to question my salvation. They can't believe a Christian would/should support same sex marriage and abortion. What I support is a person choice to chose it's that simple! Well this is my response to those e-mailer and I hope they get it:

  • Ever wonder why there were two crosses next to Christ? Or why Jesus was in the center? Those two crosses symbolize one of God's greatest gifts - the gift of choice.
  • The two criminals had a lot in common; convicted by the same system, condemned to the same death, surrounded by the same crowd, and equally close to the same Christ. In fact they began with the same sarcasm; the two criminals each said cruel thing to Jesus. But one changed. He said Jesus remember me when you come into your kingdom. Jesus answered him, 'I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise.
  • Now while we rejoice at the thief who changed, we dare not forget the one who didn't. There are times when God sends thunder to stir us. There are times when God sends blessings to lure us. But there are times when God sends nothing but silence, as He honor us with the freedom to choose where we spend eternity.
  • We have never been given a greater privilege than that of choice. Think about the thief who repented. Though we know little about him we know this; in the end all his bad choices were redeemed by a solitary good choice. He chose Christ! So the CHOICE is ours!
Please Share it! :)

Widgets

Show Comments: OR

5 comments :

  1. Oh goshness. I love you.

    I can't get people to understand this...

    It's ALL ABOUT CHOICE.

    I hope to never find myself in a position where I consider abortion, but if I am, I do hope that I'd choose life. HOWEVER, I do not think it's my place to tell other people what to choose.

    Jesus gives us choices, and yet we want to take everyone else's choices away. And that leads people to Christ, how, exactly? All that does is reinforce the (incorrect) notion that Christians live rigid, un-fun lives that are run by a laundry list of rules.

    All I need to do is life my life and be an example. If I'm doing that right, then people will see and wlil surely want to know where I get my joy, where I get my happiness, how I find it in the middle of rain and thunder... and there's my chance -- but preaching at people that they're going to hell and that they shouldn't get to choose, just like I got to choose, is ridiculous and counterproductive.

    Thank you so much for this post.

    BTW: There is a place and time for "telling it like it is..." that is to preach/tell of the things God doesn't like... but taking people's choices away, there's never call for that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand christian people today. Its wrong to say someone should make the choice for themselves in regards to these issues but it is perfectly ok to support things like the death penalty which is not exactly aligned with the teachings of Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey--I haven't been here in a minute--but I just want to say you are blazin' with the thought-provoking topics.
    And don't worry about the haters--God knows your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are forgetting one really important thing. In regard to abortion, Christians should do everything in their power to protect the life of the baby because here we are not only talking about a personal choice, affecting one's own life only, we are choosing to allow someone to deny life to a being that God created. If you really believe in choice the way you imply here, then you have to apply the same logic to murder.
    We have laws against murder. Abortion is murder. If you believe in Christ and follow Him, you cannot deny this. Psalm 139:13For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.

    Please really think about this issue. God forbids murder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't understand christian people today. Its wrong to say someone should make the choice for themselves in regards to these issues but it is perfectly ok to support things like the death penalty which is not exactly aligned with the teachings of Jesus.

    ReplyDelete