.

Google+ Followers

Followers

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

We Are Under No Compulsion To Make A Vow.

I believe Father Cutie deserves to be expelled from the priest hood of the catholic church, not for falling in love but for being a hypocrite to God and his followers... Vows to God are not to be taken lightly (Deuteronomy 23:21-23). Now I don't think the father should be expelled from the church that is a whole different issue... But I will go out on a limb and say I believe Father Cutie became a priest of his own free will - he freely vowed to live according to the laws of the Catholic Church in- which I believe were well known to him at that time...I don't believe the rules have all of a suddenly change after his ordination...I want to believe he would have been taught to consider himself as ‘married’ to the Church, which has profound theological, spiritual, and moral implications that any priest should have understood...Personally I think he's a coward, for the way he revealed his infidelity to the catholic church after twenty years of service... To me he have shown poor judgment....After being caught by the paparazzi in a compromising photos with a woman he was quoted in the Miami Herald saying that he is, “ready to consider taking the relationship to the next level... Marriage and children are a definite possibility.”

“My struggles have gone on for close to a year. It wasn’t a matter of if, it was a matter of when,” the 40-year-old priest told reporters.

The Catholic Church remains firm in its position that Cutié violated the church’s position on celibacy and it is unlikely that he would be allowed to remain an active priest while in a relationship.

Cutié told Univisión on Friday that he succumbed to human passion only after long efforts not to. “I’m a man,” he said. “under the cassock there are pants.” Why didn't Father Cutie just leave the priest-hood especially since he had developed desires for a woman and to have a family?And why is he trying to paint the church as the bad guy when he's the one that was caught in the wrong?


The lust of the eyes has and will continue to make man fall.

Please Share it! :)

Widgets

Show Comments: OR

3 comments :

  1. Hello there!

    I was part of a church construct that REQUIRED celibacy of all unmarried clergy.

    It wasn't an issue for me since I was celibate BEFORE I ever got there.

    The problem with that was that the leader of the church was in a relationship with a woman in the congregration and it wasn't HIS wife. When I asked him about the implications of giving a single, unmarried woman in the congregation his cell phone number and calling her daily, he said that there wasn't an "affair" and that the "friendship" he had with her was never going to be physical.

    I actually have no problem with church leaders creating these requirements of purity for clergy...but I feel that ALL of us must have those requirements of purity not just one group.

    Peace, blessings and DUNAMIS!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. His vow was broken but it was not broken to GOD but to the Catholic Church which has created a doctrine and construct not entirely supported via scripture. As such GOD didn't require it. Perhaps the priest felt he could be celibate and then became attracted to this woman and is in conflict with his church's teachings and what he feels is his vocation. Perhaps as he has aged he wants to have a family and needs the sexual relationship with a woman. (as far as I'm concerned the Catholics need all the heterosexual priests that are attracted to adult women they can get!) True enough he should have gone to the church leadership and told them what was going on. He then would have faced the music and not been exposed by the media.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there!

    I was part of a church construct that REQUIRED celibacy of all unmarried clergy.

    It wasn't an issue for me since I was celibate BEFORE I ever got there.

    The problem with that was that the leader of the church was in a relationship with a woman in the congregration and it wasn't HIS wife. When I asked him about the implications of giving a single, unmarried woman in the congregation his cell phone number and calling her daily, he said that there wasn't an "affair" and that the "friendship" he had with her was never going to be physical.

    I actually have no problem with church leaders creating these requirements of purity for clergy...but I feel that ALL of us must have those requirements of purity not just one group.

    Peace, blessings and DUNAMIS!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete