Google+ Followers


Sunday, February 1, 2009

“If You've Ever Been Disappointed, Betrayed,Rejected, Abandoned.....

I found and old copy of a book that I read many years ago it was the line on the back of the book that led me to purchase my first copy of a book by Iyanla Vanzant that was over 20 years ago. I learned some valuable life lessons from reading this book (Valleys). At that time in my life I was going through a lot and her books was a great help. "Is it the job you hate but need in order to pay the rent? Is it that relationship that you gave your all to only to end up with a broken heart...again? Perhaps it's your children, a family member or a lifelong friend doing you in, dragging you down, pushing you to the brink. If you are an honorary member of the Black Woman's Suffering Society, you have probably been told that it's all your fault. Or that struggling and suffering is your lot in life. Iyanla Vanzant says NO! Life is an Act of Faith and suffering is optional!" Those everyday challenges, obstacles, and dilemmas are what Iyanla calls valleys. As bad as they may seem, there is a purpose or, as Iyanla says, "There is much value in the valley." Reading this books always made me feel better and it help me a great deal. I've always held on to that book and went back to reference it at different times in my life when I felt I needed it. Any way I purchased another book by Iyanla sometimes later "Until Today" which is a great devotional. Her books are not traditional Christian books, but Iyanla definitely writes for those seeking a closer relationship with God and spiritual healing. Any way the other day I ran across an interview she had with Tavis Smiley on PBS last year which I found to very interesting. She's talking about a ocean of a death season that's being visited upon Black America. Have you ever read any of Iyanla Vanzant books? and if so which one had an impact on your life?


  1. I have Yesterday I Cried and In The Meantime.. I need to re-read both because when I first read them years ago. They were very helpful. I hate she didn't stay w/ Oprah. Barbra Walters really messed up her show. They had Iyanla clipping coupons and totally tried to changed what caught their eye in the 1st place

  2. Ann, what was this person trying to do, publish a book on your site? This is so crazy and inconsiderate!!!

    No matter the message, why use someone else's blog to publish all of this? Start your own blog and voice your grievances!!!

    How disgustingly self centered!! I would not take the time to read all of this, no matter the message!!

    Bless you Ann, you went ahead and published this diatribe!!