Google+ Followers

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Marvin Sapp's Album Hits Gold Status

Just like O Happy Day this song is crossing over in a big way. Kudos to
Marvin Sapp for his continual success as his CD THIRSTY is certified Gold and his hit single “Never Would Have Made It” lands in the #1 position on the Urban AC Chart according to Nielsen reporting. “Never Would Have Made It” becomes the first gospel song to hit the top urban AC position since Yolanda Adams’ Open My Heart. The lyric of this song forces you to acknowledge Jesus and with out Him you couldn't made it. In addition to being #1 at Urban AC, “Never Would Have Made It” has spent a remarkable 42 weeks as the #1 song at gospel radio and is also the top selling gospel ringtone and ringback. Additionally, THIRSTY has been the #1 CD on the gospel sales chart for a total of 27 weeks. “I am happy, humbled and just overwhelmed by the response to this song,” says Sapp. “At some point, everyone has had a Never Would Have Made It moment and I believe that is why the song is connecting with people in such a profound way.” Marvin Sapp can be heard on the Tom Joyner Morning Show this Friday, July 25, at 8:45 a.m. EST and is gearing up for a major tour. Additionally, he and his wife MaLinda are preparing for the first semester of students at the Grand Rapids Ellington Academy of Arts and Technology (GREAAT), the school they founded in partnership with the Grand Rapids Public School System.

6 comments:

  1. Hi there!!

    {waves}

    Do you know that I don't have any Marvin Sapp in my praise music collection?

    Is he "ole skool black church" or is he "R & B Gospel?"

    *giggles*

    These days, most Christian artists are either one or the other...

    Peace, blessings and DUNAMIS!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!!
    I love this cd and it is definitely in my daily rotation!
    "NEVER WOULD HAVE MADE IT!!!"

    Marvin ain't never lied about that!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Min. Marvin Sapp used to be in Commissioned. Congrats on the gold status but as a former record company man and a gospel artist myself, He probally should be double platinum right now. Folks love gospel music but like Neo-soul they don't BUY Gospel music, the burn it off friends, tape it off the radio and stream it on thier macs and pc's but they don't actually buy it! If we want more of the music we say we want, ya gotta buy it. And for retailers, ya got put the product out where people can find it! If I want a Kim Burrell album it aint the easiest thing to find. Min. Anthony Whigham probally the greatest, most underrated pure soul gospel singer in the last three decades, tours year round to make a living, Sharon Riley, still hasn't gotten her props! Demetria Champ still hasn't gotten hers! Wow! But Marv, God bless you and your ministry.
    Jaycee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gold status? I would have thought he would have went platinum. Then I stop and think about me for example. I downloaded the ENTIRE CD from Limewire - it's a hot CD. More people should definitely go and buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Lisa thanks for your comment and you are missing a treat with this cd.

    @Regina thanks for your comment and you can feel his pain.

    @Jaycee thanks for your comment and I agree it should have done better than it has. I buy my music the last ones I purchases was Another level, The Finale by Donald Lawrence.

    Darius thanks for your comment and I have not heard of lime wire.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there!!

    {waves}

    Do you know that I don't have any Marvin Sapp in my praise music collection?

    Is he "ole skool black church" or is he "R & B Gospel?"

    *giggles*

    These days, most Christian artists are either one or the other...

    Peace, blessings and DUNAMIS!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is a privilege, not a right.