.

Google+ Followers

Monday, March 24, 2008

Submit and Obey.


I have a question do you find it hard to submit to God or a Spouse?
First we need to submit to God, which is the only way we can truly obey Him. That I can see and do. I find that the husband is to submit to Christ as Christ did to God. And the wife should follow his example and submit to her husband.


It's hard to submit to someone that's not holding up their end of the bargain. I don't have a problem submitting to a loving leadership. When a husband loves his wife as Christ loves the church no problem. I know that it is not a one time thing it is a continual attitude of our minds. Submission is a two way street.


Submission is a position of honor and completeness. When a wife is loved as Christ loves the church, submission is not difficult. Me and some ladies was debating this thing about submit and Obey. I don't have a problem doing either one to a man that is following Christ. I did not ask could you love and ungodly man but
Would you submit to and Un godly Man?

Please Share it! :)

Widgets

Show Comments: OR

10 comments :

  1. If you have a problem submitting to an ungodly man you also have a problem submitting to Christ, becasue He commands to submit regardless of the Husbands love for Christ. We find it here in 1 Peter 3:

    Likewise, wives, be subject to your own husbands, so that even if some do not obey the word, they may be won without a word by the conduct of their wives, 2 when they see your respectful and pure conduct. 3 Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— 4 but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious. 5 For this is how the holy women who hoped in God used to adorn themselves, by submitting to their own husbands, 6 as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord. And you are her children, if you do good and do not fear anything that is frightening.

    The man in this situation was not submitted to Christ but her submission to him may win him over to be the husband that she is longing for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe if a woman is married to an ungodly man, she is to submit according to the scripture mentioned above. But I don't think you are required to submit to something that goes against God. For example, if that man is doing something and asks you to participate and you know that it is against the Word of God. I don't believe that you are required to follow him on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lionel thanks for your comment. I will have to work on that.

    Sofavord thanks for your comment and I like the way you put it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I concur with sofavored Ann! Obedience unless compromise is proposed. Once sin is introduced submission is not required and actually would be sin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't mind submitting to man, If, Like you said that man is submitting to God.

    Love this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lionel thanks for your comment. Thanks for your explanation.

    tabu thanks for your comment and for stopping by. I glade you like the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with all the others, I don't mind submitting to a man if he is submitting himself to God.

    ReplyDelete
  8. anointedwog thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I concur with sofavored Ann! Obedience unless compromise is proposed. Once sin is introduced submission is not required and actually would be sin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with all the others, I don't mind submitting to a man if he is submitting himself to God.

    ReplyDelete