Google+ Followers

Friday, February 22, 2008

How Do You Stay Up In A Down World?

When God called Job "the greatest....among...the people of the East" (Job 1:3) the title was well-deserved. Job, whose name was synonymous with integrity under fire. Job had 10 children, vast land holdings, servants and incredible wealth. Then without warning he lost everything including his children and his health. How could anyone endure this without becoming bitter? yet Through all of this Job did not sin nor....blame God. Today is not a good day for me I am discourage. I am thinking about how Job can through and moved on with life in spite of the trials he faced.

What was Job's secret? I see 3 possibilities (1) He recognized God's right to control events in his life. (2) He looked for wisdom in the adversity. (3)He acknowledged his limited understanding. Because Job had a personally relationship with God, he could handle anything that came his way.

Can you see God when Satan is attacking you and yours? Do you have that kind of relationship were you know what you know? I ask these questions because I am at a place were my faith is being tested right now. I never been here before and it is painful. How do you stay the course when the very ground you are standing on is sinking? Have you ever just wanted out?


  1. Sis. Ann,

    I've been there many times and I must say God is so good and so faithful that He met me there every time. I've had family problems, health problems, financial problems - you name it. Never did God let me have any problem that He did not make a way for me to either get out of it or be able to bear it. Cry out to Him; He alone is able. Tell Him exactly how you feel. He can handle it and He will. Ask Him to send you faithful prayer warriors to pray for you and pray with you and He will. I know that one prayer gets through just like ten does, but sometimes we get so burdened that it helps to know that others care and will petition heaven for and with us. Know that I'm praying for you and your son. I had similar problems with my only son and God was faithful in that area as well. Be encouraged, sister, as you have so faithfully been encouraging others.

  2. c.a.Blackmon thanks for stopping by the old black church and thanks for your comment. I know you were a God sent today and right on time.

    I have been burden down to the point that I could not pray as matter of fact that is were I am at right now. Thanks for the prayers for my son and my self. I really enjoyed what you wrote it touched me deeply.

  3. I,too, have been at a point when i couldn't pray. I just could not find the words. It was a difficult time and I did want to give up, but the one thing that kept me grounded was knowing that God was still there. I knew that he knew my situation and was working it out in his time. I just had to be patient and believe that in my heart. At times, all I could do was just meditate on Him.

    I pray that you are encouraged in the Lord. Remember, Romans 8:18...the sufferings of this present age are not worthy to be compared to the glory that shall be revealed... and also Romans 8:28... For we know that all things work together for the good of them that love the Lord and are called according to his purpose

  4. Sofavord thanks for your comment and prayers. It's hard moving through pain. Continue to keep us lifted up because it is much needed.