Google+ Followers


Sunday, December 30, 2007

What Do Your Life Smell Like Roses Or A Hog Pen?

If you were passing by your life, what would you smell? A bed of roses? or a hog pen full of slop ? Quite often, what our ears, eyes and hand miss our nose can detect. The sense of smell is also quite useful because it evokes memories.
When you get a whiff of something, you can be thrown back into a memory of something that happened, how it happened and whether or not you liked what happened. I am from the South so in the spring time when the honeysuckers are in full bloom that smell takes me back to my very early child hood. How growing up in the country will wild flowers every where and life being so simple. For the last couple of years my life have not smell like I want it to smell. It has been smelling like a hog pen and slop every where. I hope to smell the roses soon. So what have your life been smelling like honestly? Is it a bed of roses are you in the hog pen of life?
I can smell that hog pen miles away. I am at this moment trying to remember that rose scent. I am not were I want to be right now I am struggling with life. I have some changes I have to make in 2008 and some people want like but ,I got to put myself back in my own life. My son is looking at some time behind prision walls. I have worked hard at trying to keep my son from being a nother black man behind bars but, all my effort did not pay off. To me that is one of the hardest thing a mother can face. He will be sentence on Jan 7 that is not the way to start the year off. But, my prayer is for God to save him and use him in a mighty way for the Kingdom even if it is by the way of the system. So what scent are you smelling right now in life roses or a stinky hog pen?


  1. JJ B,

    Oh my I am so sorry to hear of your pain concerning your son. That is a hard situation to deal with.

    Just remember that you can't help him if you don't take care of YOU first.

    I will pray that you will find the peace of mind that you are looking for and that you need.

    Keep your head up...

  2. Do keep me in prayer and thanks for your comment ms deux cents. It is hard to focus.

  3. Oh sis...i'm so sorry, in the name of Jesus I pray that God sends a laborer to your son. Remember the innocent men in the bible who were incarcerated and ministered? Joseph, Paul, Peter? In the name of Jesus we pray for favor Lord, and regardless how it works out we'll praise you, and I ask that you give peace to Ann that surpasses all understanding,and we come against condemnation that may cause her to blame herself or others...Father we just thank you that eventhough we may lack understanding...we know you have worked this thing out! Thank you Lord and we ask that you send your ministering angels to minister to Ann's son, and we put a hedge of protection around them both in this time...Lord thank u and I'm asking for favor in this thing, Holy Ghost I ask that you bring son to a place of true Jesus' name amen :)

    love u sis

  4. The Spirit tells me that it isn't your hog pen you are smelling...I think you have gotten to close or into someone else's pen. I pray that the Lord strengthen you and give you peace for the journey ahead. Having raised 2 children, no help on earth, with the help of God I know how hard it is to let go and let God. Unfortunately, you must do that because in this day and age, it seems that the young folk have to go to THE SCHOOL OF HARD KNOCKS before they are able to digest what we have fed them all along. Trust Jesus-Only He can take your son where he needs to be and help him be what he was designed to be and GOD WILL!
    You are on my prayer list and I know God will give you the strength to smell the honeysuckles of your life in full bloon.
    In Christian Love,

  5. Thanks Loveable for your prayer. It is hard to let go. I know 2008 will be better.